“Disclosure: I am part of the PTPA Brand Ambassador Program with Restonic and I received Compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”
When Mary was first born, I never had any sleep. No one had ever told me that babies seriously never sleep at all. And after about one day, I was ready to give up. I was an only child and had never even babysat in my entire life. In the hospital, the nurses had to literally show me how to change a diaper because I had no idea how to.
So when we brought Mary home, I thought it was going to be a team effort. But of course, I was wrong. My husband woke up early to go to work and got back twelve hours later so during the day, I took care of Mary. And since he worked, I had night duty too because he needed sleep for his job. So this was my normal face everyday.
And then finally, it usually ended in this.
Even though Mary is older now, sleep is still very important. She might be sleeping through the night, but I can’t keep up with her during the day if I haven’t had enough sleep. And while stress might be part of the reason we can’t sleep, a bad mattress can be an even bigger reason. If people have a good mattress, and thus get a good sleep, their day-to-day lives will benefit from that. And normally, it’s almost impossible to catch up on sleep. Too often we all sacrifice sleep for other things, especially work. I myself will stay up for hours during the night to finish off things that needed to be done.
So that’s why I have teamed up with Restonic as their brand ambassador to help teach people how to get a better night’s sleep!
They’ve even created a list of rules to remind us to take time for ourselves each day, and that everything we do supports the dreams of the people who sleep on theirour mattresses. Restonic is the supporting dreams company.
R – Rejuvenate on a Restonic mattress for the rest of your life.
E – Embrace your need for sleep. Getting out of bed is overrated.
S – Supporting your dreams of a healthy life with healthy sleep.
T – Think about your need for sleep. At the end of the day, it’s night.
O – Observe how much sweeter life is with a good night’s sleep.
N – Nourish yourself with a sleep sanctuary. Every. Night.
I – Innovate your life with a good night’s sleep.
C – Celebrate life. It’s good!
So how do I embrace sleep? I make sure to follow these simple tips to help keep my night relaxing and ready for bed:
1. Maintaining a healthy diet is key to being able to sleep at night. If you eat a lot of sugar and starch then you will have a harder time getting to sleep than someone who eats from all the food groups.
2. Exercising during the day is a great way to help you get tired at night. Since after exercising most people feel energized, you don't want to exercise before bed since that will get you more awake.
3. Smoking, drinking and coffee should be avoided before bed since they can help you stay awake longer.
4. To help your body relax, you can use breathing exercises while lying down. Focusing on your breathing is a great way to forget about the day.
5. Thinking about peaceful images is also very helpful in aiding sleep. Thinking about something that relaxes you or makes you happy can help you finally fall asleep faster.
6. A comfortable mattress and pillow is a must. I highly suggest Restonic for this and you can easily check them out in your area. If your mattress is full of springs and pillow has to be folded over three times than you won't have a comfortable rest.
7. Don't use electronics before bed. That includes the phone, television or tablet. Electronics can keep your mind going and having them on during sleep can actually disrupt your REM cycle of sleep.
8. Adjust your room temperature to something that is comfortable for you. I personally can't sleep if I am too hot or if I am freezing cold so my temperature is usually set on 71 degrees at night.
9. Finally, dim your lights while getting ready for bed to help your mind adjust to going to sleep. Keeping bright lights on can wake your mind up so you don't want anything brighter than a dim light on.
So make sure to follow my next post to learn more about sleep and how important it is to your health and also for your well being! And make sure to follow Restonic on their social channels below as well.