Saturday, January 21, 2017
Are you in the process of conceiving a baby? Or maybe you have been trying for a long time without success? We want to hear your stories! Join us for the #2017StorkOTCjourney Twitter Party on January 26th where you will learn about The Stork OTC that has been helping couples conceive naturally without being in a doctor's office.
This month our theme is a New Year and New Pregnancy!
WHAT: #2017StorkOTCjourney Twitter Party
WHEN: January 26th at 8PM EST (7PM CT, 6PM MT, 5PM PT)
WHO: Make sure to follow @kbwhiskey & @StorkbyRinovum for the questions to answer!
HOW TO JOIN; Follow the #2017StorkOTCjourney hashtag. No RSVP needed!
PRIZES: $50 VISA gift cards every 15 minutes & a Grand Prize of a Stork OTC Twin Pack, 3 First Response Ovulation Test Kits (3 Months Supply) and a $50 VISA gift card!
Sunday, January 15, 2017
*This post contains affiliate links to some of my favorite places to buy tichels.*
I have been asked this so many times...
"That thing on your head looks pretty. What is it?"
It's getting to the point where I am used to hearing it when I leave the house. I am often asked what my "head thing" is called and why I wear it. And since I've never fully explained it here, I figured I'd write a post about it too!
To answer the burning question of what my "head thing" is called, it is a tichel. A tichel is a headcovering worn by married Jewish women. So that would obviously state that I am a married Jewish woman. I have been married for 10 years now but I have only been wrapping for 2 years.
So what made me start wrapping?
Honestly, I didn't want to start wrapping. I loved being able to wear my hair in beautiful ways. I am a natural redhead and because of that, I have embraced the fact that my hair always made me stand out. And I was afraid that when I started wrapping, I would be lost in the shadows.
I was really wrong about that!
I started wrapping because it was the best thing to do since I was married. I needed to make an outward statement to show I was a married Jewish woman. But when I started wrapping, I honestly had no idea what I was doing. I really needed to be shown ways to wrap since I had never done it before.
So how do I start wrapping?
I started watching YouTube videos and that really helped me out a lot. Once I figured out just how to wrap, then I started looking for great places to buy tichels.
- The first place I used was Amazon. Amazon has a lot of great pretied tichels that are wonderful for beginners. You simply slide it on and go. No tying required!
- After I thought I was ready to move on, then I started looking for actual places to buy scarves which can be tied as tichels. But that's when I realized that before you can wear a regular tichel, you're going to need the "undergarments". And by undergarments, I am meaning a volumizer and anti-slip headband. These can be bought together in one item since they are often sewed together. These two things are crucial to making your tichel stay on. Without them, it will slip off during the day.
-Some of my favorite places to buy tichels are Modli and Amazon. On Amazon, you can search for either a tichel or a scarf. For tying a scarf as a tichel, you'll need to watch some YouTube videos to learn how it's done first. It took me months to get it just right.
Now that I've been wrapping for 2 years, I have added some headbands and even pins to my tichels daily to make them more me. I also like to leave the tichel tails down because it makes me feel like it's hair on my shoulders too. But everyone has their own preference.
I hope this has helped to shed some light on what a tichel is and why I wrap my hair daily. And there are lots of women who wrap not just for religious reasons, but for medical reasons or personal reasons as well. I even had one woman tell me she wanted to wrap because she thought it looked pretty. If you want to start wrapping your hair, be my guest! It can be a creative outlet to express yourself too.
So whatever your reason, wrapping can be a fun journey for anyone!
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
If you own a pet, you probably already know about the numerous joys that pet ownership can bring. However, you might still be trying to sort a few things out, especially if you haven't been there for very long. The truth is, even seasoned pet owners need to know these five things to consider when buying pet products. As long as you keep these things in mind, it will make pet ownership both more joyful and easier to deal with, both from a matter of convenience and when it comes to your wallet.
1) Choose high quality products - The old saying that says you get what you pay for is quite true. Unfortunately, it usually doesn't work very well if you choose low quality products, simply because you can get them for a lower price. After all, your pet is a member of the family so when it comes to choosing the right pet products, make sure that you always go with high-quality items. You don't want to purchase anything that could unintentionally cause harm to your pet, so it is important to stay away from things that are questionable, whether you are talking about food or toys. If you always aim for high-quality, you have a lot less to worry about in the long run.
2) Tailor some of the items you buy just for your pet - If you have more than one pet, you might use some of the same products for everyone. For example, you could choose to utilize the same food or the same treats for all of your dogs and in some cases, they might even share a few toys. With that being said, it is vitally important that you take each particular personality into consideration and that you tailor some of the items that you purchase just for that particular pet. This will not only make your best friend happier, but it helps you know that you are doing something that is truly special for your furry friend and that makes you both feel good about things.
3) Find a good source of discounts - There is no doubt about it, pet ownership can be expensive. If you are getting a new puppy, you might be shocked at the amount of money that is required to buy everything you need. Even if you have had animals for a long time, it can still be expensive just to keep up with the demands of food, toys and leashes, not to mention all the other items that they need from time to time. Don't be afraid to save money by using discounts whenever you can. Many stores such as PetSmart and the likes offer discounts, coupons and promo codes that can help you when it comes to buying high quality products at the best prices.
4) More expensive doesn’t always mean better - Even though you want to purchase high-quality products, it is important that you realize that expense does not always equal quality. Just because something is more expensive than the items sitting next to it doesn't necessarily mean it is better. Responsible pet ownership involves doing plenty of research when it comes to food, treats, and toys so that you purchase the right products for your pet. You have to take things into consideration such as age and overall health. While you shouldn't skimp on pet supplies by choosing the cheapest products out there, it is equally important to realize that you don't always have to choose the most expensive thing available in order to do right by your best friend.
5) Choose products you can replenish easily - Nothing is more frustrating than purchasing a product that your pet loves, only to find out that you have to practically move mountains in order buy more when you run out. It isn't convenient to do so and if your pet has really fallen in love with a particular item, you don't want to see them pining away for something that they can't have. Therefore, choose products that you can easily replenish so that you won't have to go to the ends of the earth to buy more when you need to.
Most people would do practically anything for their pets. However, if you start following these guidelines you can make the entire process much easier and even save yourself some money while you're at it. Most importantly, you can make your pet happier than you already do and enjoy a newfound level of friendship as your bond grows even stronger.
Sunday, January 1, 2017
The past 8 days have been so fun and I challenged myself to take a picture each day of my tichel an d how I styled it to show everyone. I rarely show just tichel pictures anymore so I thought this would be a fun challenge. Of course some days it was so bitterly cold I wished I hadn't done the challenge outside!
Starting from left to right and then back down again, here are my 8 tichels of Hanukkah!
1. The lovely Floribunda tichel from Wrapunzel. I love the roses on this and the lavender color is a favorite of mine.
2. A new Wrapunzel tichel called Briar Rose. This just came out and I love all the vivid purples and pinks in it.
3. This lovely tichel was gifted to me months ago. I added some pearls to complete the look.
4. Starting on the next row, another Wrapunzel tichel called Tapestry Luxe. It has a gorgeous glisten to it.
5. This next one is a Wrapunzel tichel from last year that is no longer available called In Your Element. I loved the animal print but in blues and pinks!
6. On this last row, I started with The Countess tichel from Wrapunzel. It has a lovely gold border that was fun to do pigtails with.
7. The Wrapunzel signature tichel is the middle one which is a tichel full of rainbows!
8. And finally my last one is a lovely dark green tichel that I got from Kmart about a month ago. I had been searching for a dark green tichel to match my new 1930's dress suit and I finally found it!
I do want to say that it is because of Wrapunzel that I know how to wrap so my collection of tichels is mainly from them. If you are every interested in learning how to wrap your hair, I suggest checking out their YouTube page where they share great videos even for beginners.
Wednesday, December 28, 2016
A few months back, I was out shopping with my family when I came across two amazing 1930s suit dresses. Of course I snagged them up without even trying them home, but when I did finally try them on I found out they were both too small. At first I was devastated because since they are vintage I knew I would never find another one in my size. But then I thought about taking to get them altered.
I was able to find a great seamstress here where I live and she did both dresses for me so I could actually wear them out. What she did was take some from the length to add to the back. It was genius and I think they turned out amazing.
The details like the buttons on the front of the jacket and the texture to the touch are amazing quality. I love vintage clothes for that exact reason. Nothing is made with this type of quality anymore. And the styles from the 30's and 40's are so regal and dignified. Plus I was so proud that I had a tichel that matched with the deep berry color the suit dress had. I added some pearls and I was ready to go.
Overall the outfits came out amazing and this one has a color that is one of my favorites. Along with adding a vintage gold and pearl brooch, I felt like royalty all day long.