I remember when my parents tried to kick the soda habit. My parents were huge soda drinkers. So huge my dad put in a special fridge by his seat at the dining table just for the soda.
I'm dead serious.
So when they finally tried to kick the habit, they started drinking other things instead. Here are a few things that you can drink when you're trying to quit soda.
- Club Soda - I drink this stuff everyday and I love it. Now I do drink the flavored ones so they have some taste. I love that they have bubbles and have no artificial ingredients either.
- Fruit Infused Tea - There's nothing like Watermelon or Strawberry tea. It's sweet and healthy!
- Flavored Water - There are lots of essential oils or even drops that you can put in your water to make it taste sweeter. It's much healthier and it gives it a good taste.
Other than drinking something other than soda, here are a few tips to break the soda addiction too.
- Eat fruit - when I get a craving for something sweet or soda, I grab a peanut butter and banana sandwich. I know it sounds crazy but the fruit is already sweet so when you're done, you don't have a strong craving anymore.
- Control what you buy - if you don't buy soda in the grocery store, you won't have it in the house to drink!
- Carry a good drink with you - a lot of times when we get thirsty during the day, we grab a soda because it's sold everywhere. If you make your own tea or flavored water and carry it with you, you are less likely to try and grab a soda instead.