Last week our family was able to get the Toyota Prius to review. I hadn't had a Toyota in a while and I had heard a lot of good things about the Prius and it's gas mileage. So naturally we were excited to check it out. The one we got was very cute and the color was a new one called Habanero so it was very bright and flashy.
The inside of the Prius C was two toned so it really stood out well. And for a smaller car, it was actually roomy, even with luggage in the trunk. Here are some of the fun facts about this car:
- Better gas mileage. The Prius c gets an EPA-estimated 53 miles per gallon in the city. Gas stations always look better when you don’t have to stop!
- Gasoline and electric. With Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive, drivers of the Prius c get a more efficient, more reliable combination of a gasoline engine and an electric motor. They work either independently or simultaneously, to move the car in the most efficient way possible.
- EV/ECO Modes. With the Prius c, drivers can select the driving mode they want. Under certain conditions, in EV Mode, the Prius c runs solely on battery power. ECO Mode helps maximize fuel economy by limiting the operation of the climate control and adjusting the throttle response.
- Moving people and things. The Prius c has a surprisingly large amount of cargo room for the family on the go: not just 17.1 cubic feet of cargo volume, but also a variety of ways to configure it.
- Smaller environmental footprint. The available SofTex seat trim material weighs about half as much as genuine leather, and the way it’s made generates about 85 percent fewer CO2 emissions and 99 percent fewer “volatile organic compounds” than conventional synthetic leather. The Prius c is rated as a “Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle.”
- Always connected. You get direct access to a variety of apps on the car’s multimedia screen – including MovieTickets.com, OpenTable and Pandora. Bing gives the Prius drivers and passengers access to over 16 million points of interest.
Overall the ride in the Prius C was very nice. Of course you can feel hen the car shifts from battery to gas but that's expected from a hybrid. And as for highway driving, I averaged 39.5 mpg so that was decent for traveling.
If you're looking for a good car that is low emission and good on gas, then you should check out the Prius C