This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of GoodNites* TRU-FIT*
Mary started bedwetting when she was 4 years old. At first it shocked me because I didn't really know what to do. Almost every night she would wet the bed so bad that I would be up at 3am washing her sheets. Sometimes it was so much too that it would go through right to the mattress. So we started taking a lot of precautions that seemed to help her over time.
- Don't blame the child - It's not their fault that they are bedwetting. And just like when you're learning to drive a car, it's never helpful to be yelled at. It can just make matters worse.
- Go to the bathroom before bed - This is probably a no brainer but if your child going to the bathroom right before bed, they have less of a chance of going while sleeping.
- Make sure your child is going "number 2" - Your bladder is right in front of your rectum so if you're not going to the bathroom or having very hard bowel movements, then that could be causing pressure on your bladder. Monitor your child's bowel movements during the day to watch for accidents at night.
- Rule out medical problems - Sometimes having a urinary tract infection or other medical problems can cause a child to bedwet. Talk to your doctor to make sure your child doesn't have any of these problems.
- Invest in GoodNites* TRU-FIT* - GoodNites* TRU-FIT* are a wonderful thing to have for your child if they are bedwetting. They are machine-washable, real underwear with disposable, absorbent inserts that help keep sheets and PJs dry at night. Currently they are available at Target for both boys and girls in sizes S/M & L/XL.
This past week we have tried out GoodNites* TRU-FIT* with Mary and I am super impressed. The system is really easy to use and actually works! Here's how you use them, step by step.
Overall Mary and I both really love the GoodNites* TRU-FIT* especially because they are real underwear, just with an insert inside. And that means that they look like regular underwear too. Plus you can't hear them, like you hear a diaper when the child walks. These have no sound at all which is great. I would completely recommend buying these for any child who has bedweting problems. And right now they are at Target with a $2 off coupon on the front!
If your child is having bedwetting problems, also make sure to join me at the GoodNites* TRU-FIT* #trufittarget Twitter Party on November 19 from 11am - 12pm EST.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of GoodNites* TRU-FIT*.