I am a restaurant person. Always have been, always will be. It's mostly because my mom didn't cook when I was a kid. She wasn't much of one so in order to survive, my father and I decided we would just have to always eat out. So the three of us always were in restaurants. Honestly I think we all only ate breakfast at our house and I had either instant grits or oatmeal. Lunch was out, and dinner was out.
It wasn't until I got married and had a family of my own did I personally start cooking because I didn't know how expensive eating out for every meal was. When I was growing up, I just thought it was normal because all three of us were very busy all the time. A restaurant was a time that brought us all together. When I was would get done practicing for a musical, I would usually end up meeting my parents at a restaurant for dinner and then we would all drive separate cars home.
Eating out is getting to be a normal thing for people with kids. I remember my parents told me that I was always a very well behaved baby and when they would take me to restaurants, they would get compliments on how quietly I ate. That's what I personally look for in a restaurant too. My husband and I don't like to eat anywhere there's screaming kids. It's not being rude, it's just that I can't enjoy a meal with extreme loudness. But with that being said, when we all do go out to eat, we look for somewhere that's still kid friendly for our daughter.
Restaurant.com recently took a survey of 988 men and women and here is the list they compiled of the top 25 family friendly restaurants!
- TGI Friday’s- Greenville, SC
- Carrie Cerino’s Ristorante & Party Center- North Royalton, OH
- BB King’s Restaurant & Blues Club- Orlando, FL
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue- Elk Grove Village, IL
- Vazzy’s Cucina- Shelton, CT
- Yogurtini- Overland Park, KS
- Harvest Grill- Coon Rapids, MN
- Sweet Frog Premium Frozen Yogurt- Rock Hill, SC
- Estela’s Mexican Restaurant- New Port Richey, FL
- Wolfgang Puck Bistro at Macy’s South Coast Plaza- Costa Mesa, CA
- Lakeshore Grill at Macy’s Southdale- Edina, MN
- My Big Fat Greek Restaurant at Chandler Mall- Chandler, AZ
- Thirsty Marlin Largo Grill and Bar- Largo, FL
- Greenbrier Restaurant- Gatlinburg, TN
- Anna’s Pizzeria- Apex, NC
- Pittsburgh Steak Co.- Pittsburg, PA
- Ground Round Grill & Bar- Bangor, ME
- Horton’s Seafood- East Providence, RI
- Shula’s America’s Steak House- Center Valley, PA
- Barn and Company- Chicago, IL
- Harmon Brewery and Eatery- Tacoma, WA
- Seaside Grill- Pompano Beach, FL
- La Parrilla Suiza- Mesa, AZ
- Magic Time Machine- Dallas, TX
Have you ever had a chance to eat at one of the above restaurants? How was your experience?