This February, CaringBridge, the caring social network that keeps families and loved ones connected during any type of health event, invites people to submit those touching acts of compassion during the “Share Your Heart” contest. The submissions are meant to be fun, unique and interesting ways they share their love and support with friends and family.
Anyone is able to visit CaringBridge to upload a photo, video or a written description of up to 50 words of how you share your heart with those you love and support. This contest aims to bring the organization’s mission to life – amplifying the love, hope and compassion in the world, making each health journey easier. The winner will then receive two iPad mini's so they can always keep in touch with a loved one.
Submissions for the Share Your Heart contest will be accepted from February 11 through March 1. And the voting phase will take place from February 11 through March 6.
Personally I think this is a great cause because I know how hard health events can be on a family. When I was a little girl, my dad got very sick from an unknown illness at the time. He was out of work for over half and I remember the toll it took on my mom. I also remember how all our friends and family helped pitched in to help us too. Almost every night, a new family brought us dinner out of the goodness of their hearts. I don't think my mom would have lasted all that time without the support of her family and friends so I truly believe in Caring Bridge and what they stand for.
I've always believed that it was the little things in life that will bring a lasting memory and I was right. Sometimes even a smile from a stranger will make my day go better.
If you're not familiar with Caring Bridge, they offer many ways for people to care for each other during any type of health event and is for anyone to use. You can even set up your own free website to help keep your friends and family updated. It’s available 24/7, free to use and accessible to anyone, anywhere. The mission of CaringBridge is to amplify the love, hope and compassion in the world, making each health journey easier and I think they're doing an amazing job.
Caring Bridge also has another helpful site called Support Planner which is an online calendar that helps family and friends coordinate care and organize helpful tasks, like bringing a meal, offering rides, taking care of pets and other needs. Only people a user invites to view the planner can access the calendar and sign up for a task, keeping the online conversations private. Support Planner is an amazingly helpful idea for families needing a little extra help.
So if you're up to the challenge, enter to win you and a loved one your own iPad Mini! Here are the details of the contest:
- The Share Your Heart contest invites people to submit fun, unique and interesting ways they share their love and support with friends and family
- Submissions can be a photo, video or a written description of up to 50 words – as long it displays how the person shares their heart with those they love and support
- The contest is broken down into two parts: o Entry Phase – February 11 through March 1 o Voting Phase – February 11 through March 6
- Submissions will be able to be shared via social media, making it easier for people to share their entry with friends and family to encourage votes
- People are allowed to vote once per entry, every 24 hours
- The entry with the most votes wins two iPad minis – helping him/her stay connected with their loved one that was the inspiration of the submission
- Additionally, everyone who enters the contest will be entered in a random drawing to win one of ten $20 gift certificates from Pear Tree Greetings
“Promotional consideration for this content was provided by CaringBridge. All opinions expressed in this content are my own and not those of CaringBridge.”