I am a Petcurean Ambassador. All opinions are my own.
So when we got Charlie, I was shocked to see how picky he was of an eater. So if you have a picky eater type of dog like mine, here are some tips to help feeding time go a bit better.
- Stay with your dog when you feed them - Sometimes walking away can make your dog get frightened and not want to eat.
- Feed your dog in a quiet environment - Don't let the kids start running through the house when the dog is trying to eat.
- Adding certain spices to dog food like parsley, basil, oregano or rosemary can make the food smell better and taste better. Petcurean's dog food has rosemary already mixed into it's food.
- Warm the food before serving - If you feed your dog only dry food, you can warm it in the oven on a low heat like 167 F. A wet dog food can be warmed in the microwave for about 9 seconds.
- Petting your dog while they eat can make them feel better - Sometimes all your pet needs is to know you approve.
Charlie eats Petcurean's Now Fresh Grain Free Small Breed Dog Food. Although sometimes he still gets picky, I know that he is getting all his nutrition from his food and he loves it. Now Fresh Small Breed dog food recipe is made with 100% fresh turkey, salmon and 100% fresh Omega 3 & 6 oils from coconuts and canola. Now Fresh also features zero grains, gluten, wheat, beef, corn or soy which is great and so healthy. Something I love about Petcuean is that they use no by-products or artificial preservatives and I've always believed in giving my pets the same quality food that I give my own family.
Just take a look at some of the ingredients for the Small Breed Now Fresh that we feed Charlie:
De-boned turkey, potatoes, whole dried egg, peas, flaxseed, apples, canola oil, natural flavour, coconut oil, tomato, salmon, sundried alfalfa, carrots, pumpkin, bananas, blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, papayas, pineapple, grapefruit, lentil beans, broccoli, spinach, cottage cheese, alfalfa sprouts, dried kelp...
It sounds delicious just to me! So if you have a picky eater type of dog, I hope you can use some of these tips and also remember about Petcurean's wonderful brand of food.