It’s the season of savings and everyone is surfing the internet to find the hottest deals. I bet you never thought that you save big by shopping for your energy provider! In certain parts of the country, you can actually shop for an energy provider and compare them online!
Head over to ChooseEnergy.com, type in your zip code and find an energy solution that fits your budget from the best suppliers out there – you can save up to 25 percent just by switching your energy provider. Best of all, they’ll make the switch for you!
It takes less than 10 minutes to find solutions that fit your needs – so fit ChooseEnergy.com into your shopping this year.
And while you're at it, make sure to follow these tips to help cut down on your energy costs this winter.
- Lower your thermostat in the winter. Even by lowering it by one degree, you can reduce your energy costs by 3%.
- Use a humidifier to keep moisture in the air. This can help you feel comfortable even with a lower set thermostat.
- Seal off unused rooms and keep the doors closed.
- Weatherstrip and caulk all windows and doors. I've even done this in my basement and it has helped my heating tremendously.
- Make sure the water heater is set to no higher that 125 degrees.
- Measure your attic insulation. If it is less than 7 inches, you should consider upgrading.
Using these tips can help cut down on your energy costs tremendously this winter. So keep these in mind before winter officially starts!