"This post is sponsored by Nutrish. I am being compensated to spread the word about the Nutrish What a Shelter Dog Needs Pin it to Win it Contest, but Our Whiskey Lullaby only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers."
When I was growing up, my mom and I were always at our local animal shelter. The first time we ever went, we ended up bringing home a dog for me. He was a pug and I completely fell in love with him on the ride home. I had never had a dog before and I remember how excited I was to get him all kinds of things like toys and food. After we signed all the papers and took him home, my dad watched him while my mom and I went to the store to get him special food, toys and a bed. We wanted to make sure he was as comfortable as we could make him in his new home. And since he was previously abused, we wanted to show that we really did love him.
My mom always taught me the value of rescuing animals that needed help so that's why I fully support adopting animals of any kind from shelters. Even my birds are rescue birds that were either abused or handicapped in one way so I implore everyone that wants a pet to adopt one.
Have you ever adopted a pet? Do you know the kinds of things a newly adopted shelter dog would need to feel comfortable in their new home? If so, make an awesome Pinterest board following the rules below and you could win a year's worth of Nutrish dog food!
If you need an example of how to make one, check out my Pinterest board I made!
Pin it to Win it with Nutrish!
You could win FREE Nutrish dog food for one year!*
- Create a Pinterest Board and title it "What an adopted shelter dog needs"
- Use the Pin it to Win it image above as your board's cover pin.
- Pin 1 pin from Nutrish's board "Reasons to Adopt" board (link provided above)
- Pin 1 pin from Nutrish's board "Nutrish Products" board (link provided above)
- Pin 1 pin linking to the ASPCA 100k Challenge (link provided above)
- Pin 2 pins of items that you believe a newly adopted dog would enjoy and need. These pins are up to you and can be any type of toy or necessity, like a food bowl, a leash, etc.
- Leave a link to your Nutrish "What an adopted shelter dog needs" board in the comment section of this blog and enter through the rafflecopter below. Be sure to check out how you can earn extra entires! (Several blogs are hosting this contest. As long as the Rafflecopter appears on the blog your comment with the link to your board qualifies.)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
After you finish your Pinterest board, make sure to leave the link as a comment here to be entered for your chance to win! Good luck and I'd also love to hear your adoption stories in the comments too!